Blogging can be a full-time job and can earn you money, if you are willing to give it time and provide your readers with quality content. There are several ways in which you can use your blog to make money.
Here are five common ways in which you can monetize your blog:
This is one of the most common ways to monetize your blog. You can link words in your articles to different websites or products and get paid when a purchase is made. Even if it was not the product you linked back to, any purchase made by someone navigated from your hyperlink will count. Amazon Affiliate program can offer up to 15% of the price of the product sold to bloggers. This is a highly beneficial for those who write “review” blogs.
Paid Content for Members
In this monetizing model, you can make available free content to your audience to some extent while reserve more content for those who pay membership charges. This type of model can only work for those blogs that deal with highly specific and specialized content that can provide the audience with a solution to any of their problem.
This is the most convenient way of making money through your blog. You can add advertising banners between and beside your blog post. There are two payment models for banner advertisement. The first is pay-per-click model, whenever you audience click on any of these advertisement, you will be paid for it. Secondly, the cost-per-thousand advertising will pay you for the number of times the ad appears on your blog.
If you have a popular blog, you can ask companies to write paid reviews about their company, product or service on your blog. However, when you write reviews, make sure that the review is relevant to the audience of your blog and contains honest information or you can end up losing your audience.
If you are writing a blog about specific topic of interest, you can write an e-book and make it available for download at a very low price. However, you should ensure that you are an expert on the topic you are writing about. Even though e-books are not very expensive, they can sell really fast and can be a great source of income.
You should always remember that for any of these monetizing ways to succeed, you initially require a large audience. So, you shouldn’t expect to make huge profits from your blog from the very first day. It is highly unlikely that your blog will make any profit before six months on an average. A lot of effort is required on your part if you want to make your blog a popular one. Here are a few steps you should take to ensure that you are on your way to create a successful blog:
- First, select a targeted niche and then make sure that you stay focused on your niche. It helps if you get a much more targeted audience for your blog.
- Plan a publishing schedule for your blog posts according to high engagement time of your audience.
- Link some older posts on your blog to some new ones to keep them vitalized. Even if you have a new blog post that is relevant to the one you are writing, you should link it. Internal linking of relevant posts can also increase your search engine rankings.
- Keep using different ways to connect to your audience. You can use audios and videos apart from written blogs.
- And lastly, collaborate with others to link your posts on their sites and vice versa. You can also use social media pages to promote your blog.
Once you have done all that, you will likely have a successful and profitable blog. Keep Blogging!
Bob Thompson is a writer for Monitor.Us who provides free website monitoring & network monitoring. Bob writes about many different topics such as website security, website efficiency and how to best use website monitoring tools to improve user experience.